With all the hustle and excitement of Christmas and the New Year out of the way, it is time to welcome January! This month is all about Vegan food so we have included some of our Vegan friendly cake supplies.
Veganuary has inspired and supported more than half a million people in 178 countries to try vegan for January – and beyond. Since the event began in 2014 participation has more than doubled each year.
In this blog we will be providing links and recipes to vegan items and treats, also perfect for those who have dairy and egg allergies!
At Party Animal Online we stock a large variety of items that are vegan friendly. From flavourings, to colours and sugar paste to help with Veganuary.
- All our Beau flavours are Vegan
- The whole Sugarflair paste and lustre range is Vegan with the exception of Fairy Dust Pink lustre
- PME release-a-cake is Vegan friendly
- Rainbow Dust – ProGels, edible pens, edible glitter, colour-flo, edible glue and edible silk range
- Renshaw Sugar paste – all sugar paste is Vegan with the exception of Belgian milk and white chocolate sugar paste and modelling paste. Also excluded is Caramel modelling paste.
Vegan Friendly Brands for Veganuary
This delicious red velvet cupcake recipe which is vegan and dairy free combines soya milk and cider vinegar for a rich, chocolate sponge. Have a try and let us know in the comments what you think!
- 200ml / ¾ cup + 1 tbsp soya milk
- 20ml / 4 tsp cider vinegar
- 200g / 1¾ cups self-raising flour
- 200g / 1 cup caster sugar
- 20g / ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- 80ml / ⅓ cup light rapeseed or other flavourless oil
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract or essence
- ½-1 tsp red food colouring paste
For the Cream Cheese Buttercream Icing
- 25g dairy-free margarine
- 75g vegetable fat (shortening)
- 125g soya cream cheese
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 30-40ml soya or rice milk
- 750g icing sugar
- Red sweets (optional)
Read more about our January Giveaway below.