Creating Easy Carnation Sugar Flowers
A few months back we wrote to you about creating the easiest rose ever, well now we are here to tell you about creating easy carnation sugar flowers using the fantastic Easiest Carnation Cutter Ever by FMM Sugarcraft. Of course like all the new products we keep you up to date with, these cutters are also available in our online store.
After the huge success from the rose cutter, it’s just fabulous news that FMM Sugarcraft keep releasing belting new products that really do make creating easier and less time consuming. These take 5 minutes to create, a few hours to set and a simple dust of colour on top to give your carnation a realistic finish.
Here’s some great tips when creating your carnations.
- Always use flower or modelling paste. Using sugarpaste will cause the flowers to crack and crumble.
- Dust your surface lightly with icing sugar to stop your paste from sticking, also non-stick boards are extremely helpful.
- Roll thin. With a good quality flower paste the thinner you roll the more realistic your sugar flowers will look.
- Dust the flower once dried with powder colour like sugarflair blossom tints and a dry brush to create a variegated finish.
- If you love this cutter then you have to try The Easiest Rose cutter.. it’s just as fantastic & saves hours of time!
Cover cakes & cupcakes in beautiful carnations!
Learn how to use the Easiest Carnation Cutter. FMM Sugarcraft have kindly made us a free tutorial to watch at your leisure.
If you loved this post, give these ones a read! We think you’ll like them just as much!